The Type Of Natural Disaster Essay Discussion Paper
Every year, natural disasters impact families, communities, nations, and cultures. Whether the natural disaster is a flood, hurricane, tornado, fire, or earthquake, it can alter the environment and cause potential health hazards. Research a major national or global disaster that occurred in the last decade. Provide a brief summary of the disaster and explain the common public health risks that occurred, as well as potential long-term health risks the victims might be facing. Do you think the type of natural disaster you researched has the highest risk of spreading diseases or another type of natural disaster? Explain.
This solution was written by a subject matter expert. It’s designed to help students like you learn core concepts. The Type Of Natural Disaster Essay Discussion Paper
In 2004 the Tsunami came in Sumatra which was also called The Indian Ocean Earthquake.
On December 26, 2004 , earthquake having the strength of 9.15 on the Richter scale hit Sumatra coast in the Indian Ocean.
This big earthquake is also known as Tsunami almost entire area was devastated. This also known as Sumatra – Andaman earthquake
This lasted for only ten seconds but brought such a great devastation and the loss of human lives around 200,000 to 310,000.
This Tsunami affected the shores of Sri Lanka, Indonesia, Thailand and India. The epicentre of this Tsunami was the west coast of Indonesian island of Sumatra.
Public health risks occured due to great devastation the victims might be deprived of immediate treatment.
1. In this many hospitals and health facilities were devastated which caused the medical facilities were not available for the injured.
2. Many places water supply was hampered. Water was contaminated and clean water for drinking was not available.
3. Sanitation facilities were affected . Many people were suffering with outbreak of diarrhoea.
4. Many people suffered due to communicable diseases like typhoid, cholera, hepatitis.
5. Even the viral diseases like respiratory infections were easily transmitted and become difficult to control.
6. Mosquito born diseases such as malaria, dengue due to stagnant water which led to high mortality. The Type Of Natural Disaster Essay Discussion Paper
I think due to such natural calamity the human life is badly affected and lead to several deaths in the course of time. The Type Of Natural Disaster Essay Discussion Paper