The Symptoms Of Drug Addiction Essay Discussion Paper
What should the support worker do about their fears of Bob becoming addicted to the pain-relieving medication? (PC 2.4, 4.4) (Min 50 words)
This solution was written by a subject matter expert. It’s designed to help students like you learn core concepts The Symptoms Of Drug Addiction Essay Discussion Paper
Analgesics are the most widely abused drugs among many patients. Continuous use of these medicines will result in addiction. Continuous use of many analgesics will result in relief of symptoms, which may cause dependency and addiction. Hence support workers and nurses must carefully observe their patients for symptoms of addiction.
If the support worker have any fear or doubt regarding , Bob becoming addicted to the pain-relieving medication, the following measures can be performed by them.
- Carefully monitor the drug intake of the patient.
- Listen to the concerns of the patient regarding pain.
- keep a track of analgesics use of patients. Monitor the number of tablets he is taking in a day, frequency, any changes in his behavior etc.
- Talk to the care providing nurse about the findings you noticed.
- Encourage the use of alternative pain management measures such as physical therapy, rest, guided imagery etc.
- Monitor the patient for symptoms of addiction.
- Learn about the symptoms of drug addiction and ensure that the patient is using excess medications.
- Make the patient to actively participate in other activities like exercise, relaxation techniques etc.
- Have a proper open conversation with patient regarding drug toxicity, possible complications etc The Symptoms Of Drug Addiction Essay Discussion Paper
Drug addiction is always a serious health issue. Hence it need to be addressed immediately you find it. Proper support, health education etc. are very important to manage this issue.
Drug addiction is a serious health issue among many patients. Once you find that, the patient is drug addicted to any specific drug, carefully monitor the symptoms. Report the issue to the health care provider and take a team effort to address the issue. Work as a team, with compassion and understanding. Provide alternative pin management measures to reduce the risk The Symptoms Of Drug Addiction Essay Discussion Paper