The Service Delivery Review Process Essay Discussion Paper
You are working with Mrs Freeman, aged 74 , who lives independently in her own home. You provide support two half days per week with cleaning, cooking and shopping. Mrs Freeman has a physical disability and a medical condition that requires regular medication. During a visit Mrs Freeman tells you of her concerns about her failing health and asks if it would be possible to have attendance from a care worker for an extra half day a week. Unfortunately you already have a full workload and will not be able to provide the extra care. Describe how you would respond and what would you say to Mrs Freeman. Explain the service delivery review process that would be followed. Who needs to be involved and why? What are the likely outcomes? The Service Delivery Review Process Essay Discussion Paper
This solution was written by a subject matter expert. It’s designed to help students like you learn core concepts.
> Mrs. Freeman aged 74 has a physical disability and a medical condition that requires regular medication.
> So one should respond in a more polite way and should explain every process in detail about getting extra half day from a care worker.
> You should explain your workload and reassure her that you will inform her requirements to the local healthcare system or agency and help her in every step of the process The Service Delivery Review Process Essay Discussion Paper
* To get an extra half day a week from a care worker, the patient should inform and place a request to the local healthcare system.
* And the extra hours/day will be provided based on the results from the service delivery review process from a healthcare system/agency.
SERVICE DELIVERY REVIEW
> It is a process which involves quantitative discussion between the patient and healthcare provider about the fitness for the required service requested by the patient.
> It focuses on setting the priority based service and ensures best service while maintaining cost of delivery.
IN THIS CASE
> Mrs. Freeman age and medical condition should be considered as an important factor in the review process.
> Also the care worker’s workload should be considered.
* Here Mrs. Freeman, care worker and local healthcare providers are involved in the review process.
* Care worker’s suggestion about the need for extra care is important in this case.
1. Extra care can be provided by a different care worker considering the workload of the care worker who is currently working.
2. Or workload of the care worker can be adjusted based on the needs of Mrs.Freeman to help her with her medical condition.
> Mrs. Freeman can get the additional care she needs by following the above steps.
> Care worker who works with her can help Mrs. Freeman in this process to get the best possible outcome. The Service Delivery Review Process Essay Discussion Paper