The Positive Effect And Negative Effects Of Electronic Medical Records
How has the revolutionary use of innovation such as x-ray machines and electronic medical records help to improve diagnoses on a large-scale while also improving the organizational structure and dynamics in hospitals? Explain one positive and one negative effect of technology on health delivery.
This solution was written by a subject matter expert. It’s designed to help students like you learn core concepts. The Positive Effect And Negative Effects Of Electronic Medical Records
- Organizational structure is the systematic way in which the tasks or activities of the firm are arranged to meet the final objectives.
- Team members and their work are delegated systematically, avoiding problems and issues while operating.
- The resources are also organized, which helps to achieve the goal, improve the organization’s overall performance, and increase the output by reducing the wastage of time and effort.
- The systematic structure can be centralized and decentralized based on the operation’s needs.
The following is the importance of the usage of innovation in the diagnosis and improvement in hospitals :
The world has now escalated from using more labor to more technological tools. They have become an inevitable part of the daily lives of people, businesses, and other organizations. Technological advancements help to solve various problems of the people by giving solutions to them. It has a significant usage impact in every organization, like government and private. Especially in hospitals and healthcare centers, medical equipment like X-ray machines and electronic medical records have a huge innovation in their implementation.
X-ray machines and their implementation :
X-ray machines are the widely used equipment in hospitals and medical centers mainly to identify body conditions and diagnose whether there is any fracture or ailments in their body. They are helpful in large-scale and small-scale organizations, which are affordable, time-consuming, easy installation and use, and support treating the patients with the correct information.
They are globally approved machines, and many therapies like radiation, computed tomography scans, dental, medical x-ray, and fluoroscopy can be done for precise analysis. Qualified and trained medical professionals will use this machine for diagnosis, and more patient diagnoses can be made daily which provides accurate results; performance-wise, it is excellent equipment.
Electronic medical records and their implementation in hospitals:
Electronic medical records are portably transferred documents of the patient’s health diagnosis reports and related information. They are easy to read and access and are available anywhere. In the current technological developing world, they are used by almost every health center, and hospital, are secured and used for medical emergencies and diagnosis.
- A hospital, usually large-scale, has different departments, patients and, to manage their data efficiently, this innovative technology is used to access the information of the patients immediately, clear any communication issues between the doctors and the patients, and family or hereditary problems can be identified in this technology.
- This helps in treating the patients rightly at a suitable time no matter where they are from and where they are taking the treatment and works well in the dynamic environment, is cost-effective, technically and economically feasible, etc. The Positive Effect And Negative Effects Of Electronic Medical Records
The Positive effect and negative effects of the X-ray machines :
- Unlike other medical equipment, x-ray machines are a painless diagnosis of diseases and issues and help monitor patients during different medical and dental therapies.
- The x-ray machines are highly sensitive when producing high radiations, which can lead the patients to experience vomiting, hair loss, skin problems, and sometimes bleeding.
The Positive effect and negative effects of Electronic medical records :
- Electronic medical records are convenient, can be easily shared with hospitals, and are especially beneficial when a patient is taken in an ambulance for medical treatment.
- There is a need for frequent updation required by the patients or hospital side as they are in the web-based mode; missing information can be a problem when serious issues occur.
- Innovation in the hospital is one of the important advancements which helps improve performance and treat patients correctly and quickly.
- Innovative implementation examples like x-ray machines and electronic medical records, which are easy to access, give precise information about patients, etc.
- The positive and negative of the x-ray machines and electronic medical records are painless and can cause severe issues if the radiation is high.
- In contrast, electronic medical records improve communication between patients and hospitals but must be updated to avoid patients missing medical information. The Positive Effect And Negative Effects Of Electronic Medical Records