The Nursing Role In Palliative Care Essay Discussion
Describe the roles of nurses in maintaining the quality of life in palliative care.
This solution was written by a subject matter expert. It’s designed to help students like you learn core concepts. The Nursing Role In Palliative Care Essay Discussion
Ans: The roles of nurses in maintaining the quality of life in palliative care are:
1. Availability for maximum time: The nurses must be available to spent most time with patient as compared to others health staff system. This type of availability makes a strong bond between the patient and the nurse.
2. Provides all basic needs: The patient requires basic care in this stage, in case of personal hygiene and nutrition requirements. The nurse taking care the fundamental basic requirements of the patient, and were responsible and available.
3. Play a role of advocate of patient: She must describes their role as being patient’s advocate. To provide quality and continuity of care, ensures that the patient may become able to understood the healthcare related information and feedback. The Nursing Role In Palliative Care Essay Discussion
4. Always play a role of coordinator of care: they must make a contact between the health professionals, family and the patient. She must as a hub of all services and build a relationship with all services .
5. Always focus on important tasks and what’s needed: The nurses must prepares a framework of assessment , planning, intervention, evaluation of the tasks, ranging from the routine to complex. These task related day-to-day interactions with patients and relatives and the Healthcare providers.
6. Being a supporting pillar: She must support and educate the patients including family members. Teaches them the core values of future. Play an important role in engaging patients in emotional work to adopt the truth and cope and facilitate to accept it.
- Explanation for step 1
This is all about the role of a nurse to stand always in demanding situations with regard to the value placed on end-of-life care.
- Explanation for step 2
This kind of approach has many positive consequences like satisfaction when the nurses were able to fulfill special wishes of patient at that time of care and provide holistic care.
From the discussion, it is concluded that being available maximum time the nurses play a pivotal role in the life of patient and the family members also, and act as a intermediate or unseen hero. They must provide individual tailored palliative services to patients with life-threatening illnesses and their relatives, must have the knowledge of basic nursing. The Nursing Role In Palliative Care Essay Discussion