The Nurse to Patient Staffing Ratio Essay Paper
Select a nursing profession issue happening in the United States. Focus on the links to articles dealing with professional nursing organizations’ advocacy and political engagement, specifically the articles about the ANA, NLN, AANA, and AANP. A great resource for identifying an issue impacting the U.S. nursing profession is the Future of Nursing 2020-2030. It also ties in nicely with the research contributions of policy institutes discussed in Porche (2023) Chapter 17.
Post a response detailing the following:
Provide a clear and detailed description of the nursing profession issue.
Explain how you might be impacted by this issue.
Explore how this issue might be addressed and/or remedied through policy.
DISCUSSION board – DUE 01/21/23
What is the potential impact of nurses holding elected office? How might healthcare policy advocacy change if nurses are seated at the table?
For this Discussion, you will consider what it takes to run for an elected office, as well as explore what is at stake for nurses to run for these positions. You will identify nurses elected to public office, and you will consider the impact of these positions. How might learning about policy and advocacy pave the wave for a future as an elected official?
- Review resources about running for elected office.
- Consider what it might take—including resources, manpower, education, money, etc.—to run for office.
- Research nurses who have become elected officials.
Consider why nurses might consider running for office.
Pitsker, K. (2019, November 26). How to run for local office. Kiplinger Links to an external site.. https://www.kiplinger.com/article/business/t043-c0…
She Should Run Links to an external site.. (2020). https://sheshouldrun.org/Links to an external site.
Note: Explore this site on the topic of “Running for Elected Office.” You will need to join (free) to access the self-quizzes and materials The Nurse to Patient Staffing Ratio Essay Paper.
Discussion question – one page 1/24/23
- Post a response detailing the following:
- What does it take to run for elected office? What are the resources you may need?
- After determining what it takes to run for office, identify an elected official that is a nurse (anywhere in the world), and then provide an introduction, with a picture, for this official.
- Finally, explain why running for office is important for nurses to consider
- In your Week 8 Discussion, you considered policy issues affecting nurses on a national scale. However, what about on a global scale? What issues are affecting healthcare on a global level? What initiatives are addressing these issues and/or impacting the field of nursing? While it can be easy to focus specifically on our own practice and organization, healthcare is a global practice. And considering the impact of global initiatives, policy issues affecting nurses on a global scale can help us to better understand, remedy, connect, and even prepare for current or potential national issues. For this Assignment, you will identify a global initiative impacting the nursing profession. You will defend, with evidence, your selection and discuss the impact. Instructions
Review the list of global issues impacting nurses.
1. Describe a global initiative that impact the nursing profession.
The response comprehensively and clearly explains the global initiative. … The response comprehensively and clearly indicates how global initiative impacts the nursing profession.
1. Describe why this global initiative has the most impact and/or importance on the nursing profession.
The response comprehensively and clearly explains the impact and/or importance of the global initiative on the nursing profession. … The response includes relevant, specific, and appropriate examples that fully support the impact and/or importance of the global initiative on the nursing profession The Nurse to Patient Staffing Ratio Essay Paper