Reflection Practice Essay Discussion Paper
Part A- Reflection: Write a 750-word reflection on the following reflection topic: Reflective practice topic
Using an example from your previous clinical placement experience, reflect on your demonstrated ability to recognize and respond to a patients’ clinical deterioration.
Gibbs Model for reflective writing must be adopted to guide your reflection. Your reflection must include a minimum of three references demonstrating your application of the evidence-base to your learning experience.
Part B- STAR Framework to address selection criteria:
Write a 250-word selection criteria statement.
Selection criteria represent the skills and abilities, knowledge, experience, qualifications and work-related qualities a person needs to perform a role effectively. They set out the standards by which each candidate will be assessed. Using your reflective practice example from Part A, write a selection criteria response using the STAR framework to address the following selection criteria.
Selection criteria to be addressed NPU3505 Demonstrated effective assessment, critical thinking and clinical reasoning skills in the management of a deteriorating patient.
- Australian Commission on Safety and Quality in Health Care. (2010). Australian National Consensus Statement: Essential elements for recognising and responding to acute physiological deterioration.
- Considine, J., Currey, J., & Khaw, D. (2016). Clinical deterioration: A concept analysis. Journal of Advanced Nursing, 72(3), 576-586.
- National Institute for Health and Care Excellence. (2017). Acutely ill patients in hospital: Recognition of and response to acute illness in adults in hospital.
- Australian Nursing and Midwifery Accreditation Council. (2017). Registered Nurse Accreditation Standards.
- National Council of State Boards of Nursing. (2017). The NCSBN Clinical Judgment Model.
- National Patient Safety Agency. (2007). Recognizing and responding appropriately to early signs of deterioration in hospitalized patients. Reflection Practice Essay Discussion Paper