List some of the common risks or potential risks to a person who is not receiving adequate personal care support in their home?
The suggested response for this question is approximately 6 – 8 bullet points
This solution was written by a subject matter expert. It’s designed to help students like you learn core concepts.
Here are some common risks or potential risks to a person who is not receiving adequate personal care support in their home:
- Malnutrition or dehydration due to difficulty accessing food and drink or forgetting to eat and drink.
- Poor hygiene leading to infections, illnesses, and skin problemsPoor hygiene leading to infections, illnesses, and skin problems
- Increased risk of falls and accidents due to mobility issues or lack of assistance
- Social isolation and loneliness, leading to depression and other mental health problems
- Medication mismanagement or non-compliance, leading to health complications or emergency hospitalizations
- Worsening of existing medical conditions due to lack of appropriate care and monitoring
- Financial exploitation, neglect or abuse by caregivers or family members
- Inability to access healthcare services due to transportation or mobility issues, leading to delayed medical treatment and complications
- Increased vulnerability to scams, fraud, and other forms of elder abuse due to isolation and decreased cognitive functioning.
The potential risks of inadequate personal care support at home include malnutrition or dehydration, poor hygiene, increased risk of falls, social isolation, medication mismanagement, worsening of medical conditions, financial exploitation or abuse, inability to access healthcare services, and increased vulnerability to scams and fraud. It is important to ensure that vulnerable individuals receive the necessary support and care to prevent these risks and ensure their health, safety, and wellbeing. Potential Risks of Inadequate Personal Care Support at Home Essay Paper