Physiological Changes In Pregnancy Essay Assignment Paper
A. Physiological Changes in Pregnancy – Describe at least four (4) major changes in the system and at least two nursing interventions used to support the patient with the change in the body.
1. Reproductive System –
2. Respiratory System –
3. Cardiovascular System –
4. Gastrointestinal System
5. Urinary System –
6. Integumentary System –
7. Musculoskeletal System –
B. NCLEX questions: Physiological Changes In Pregnancy Essay Assignment Paper
1. At her prenatal visit at 34 weeks gestation, a patient confides that she has noticed an increase in vaginal discharge. The nurse’s response should be to:
A. Advise her to wash with non irritating soap three times a day.
B. Advise her to abstain from sexual intercourse.
C. Ask her if the discharge is irritating or itchy.
D. Ask her to buy an over-the-counter medication for treatment.
2. The nurse is observing a woman who is at 20 weeks’ gestation. The nurse would expect the fundus to be:
A. At the level of the symphysis pubis
B. Midway between the symphysis pubis and the umbilicus
C. At the level of the umbilicus
D. Above the umbilicus
3. A woman arrives for her prenatal appointment at 36 weeks’ gestation. Which discomfort of pregnancy does the nurse expect?
B. Tender breasts
4. A woman in her second trimester of pregnancy is discussing her relationship with her mother and how happy she is that her mother is “excited about becoming a grandmother.” According to Rubin (1984) and Mercer (2004), this patient is completing which task of pregnancy?
A. Ensuring a safe passage for herself and her fetus
B. Seeking acceptance of the child by others
C. Learning to give of self and to accept herself as a mother to an infant
D. Committing herself to the child
PLEASE HELP ME ANSWER ALL QUESTION. THANK YOU.
- A patient at 34 weeks gestation reports an increase in vaginal discharge. The nurse should assess the characteristics of the discharge, including whether it is irritating or itchy, before advising any treatment.
- At 20 weeks gestation, the fundus is expected to be at the level of the umbilicus.
- Backache is a common discomfort during the third trimester of pregnancy.
- A patient discussing her relationship with her mother and her excitement about becoming a grandmother is completing the task of seeking acceptance of the child by others, which is a primary psychosocial task of pregnancy during the second trimester. Physiological Changes In Pregnancy Essay Assignment Paper