1.What does escalation mean in health care? Give an example of escalation policy or process that you came across during your clinical placement last semester or in your regular workplace if applicable.
2.List down 5 behaviors that enhance organizational image in the eyes of the team members, clients and stakeholders.
3.Have you been involved in continuous improvements in your workplace? Give examples to explain your answer? If not research and explain the process for doing continuous improvement?
4.Innovation in healthcare is essential to accommodate the changing needs of community. Give an example of innovation and productivity measures that is implemented on healthcare work processes. (hint: if you do not have an example from workplace, refer to Australian Government Productivity Commission)
5.Each team member is important in a team and has different types of effects and contributions. What are characteristics of a team member that would have a positive effect on the team?
- Being professional: souring respect and courtesy towards team members, clients, and stakeholders.
- Being accountable: taking ownership of one’s responsibilities and following through on commitments.
- Communicating effectively: listening actively, asking questions and providing clear and concise information.
- Being proactive: anticipating problems and taking action to prevent them
- Providing excellent service: going above and beyond to meet the needs of clients and stakeholders.
- Being reliable and dependable
- Having good communication skills
- Being open to feedback and willing to learn
- Being proactive and taking initiative
- Being supportive and respectful of other team members
- Being flexible and adaptable to changing situations
- Having a positive attitude and a sense of humor Innovation in Healthcare Essay Discussion Paper