Use Case Diagram for Hospital Management System It is the use case diagram of the hospital management system. In this diagram, the receptionist is the leading actor. The receptionist interacts with multiple use cases like a scheduled patient appointment, patient admission in the hospital, etc. Create use case descriptions for “Walk-in Patient Registration” OR “Patient Hospital Admission” using key criteria that include the typical course of events and alternate course of action. (50 marks)
the typical course of events for the “Patient Hospital Admission” use case, with the receptionist as the primary actor:
- The receptionist checks for the availability of beds and assigns a bed to the patient if one is available. Hospital Management System Essay Assignment Paper
- The receptionist collects the patient’s insurance forms and verifies their eligibility for insurance coverage.
- The receptionist collects the patient’s medical reports and files them.
- The receptionist assigns a unique hospital identification number to the patient and updates the hospital database with the patient’s details.
- The receptionist provides the patient with necessary information, including room number, visiting hours, hospital rules, and regulations.
- The receptionist hands over the patient to the nurse on duty for further care.
The receptionist responds appropriately if any problems occur, such as when there are no beds accessible, when medical records are lacking, or when a patient is not covered by insurance.
The “Walk-in Patient Registration” use case’s stages are as follows, with the receptionist acting as the main actor:
The client comes up to the secretary and asks to sign up as a new customer.
The front desk clerk requests the patient’s name, location, and phone number among other confidential details.
When a patient checks in, the front desk clerk will inquire about their medical history, current medications, and the cause for their appointment.
The front desk clerk gives a special identifying number and inputs the patient’s data into the hospital database.
The front desk clerk gives the patient the required details, such as their identification number and the policies and procedures of the facility.
The front desk agent refers the patient to the proper division or physician for additional assessment and care.
The receptionist responds appropriately if any problems occur, such as when a patient is unable to provide information or already has a record.
Alternate course: 1a. If there are no beds available, the receptionist informs the patient and requests them to wait or check back later.
2a. If the patient is not eligible for insurance coverage, the receptionist informs the patient and requests them to pay for hospitalization fees.
3a. If the medical reports are missing or incomplete, the receptionist contacts the doctor or requests the patient to provide the missing information.
4a. If the patient is already registered in the hospital, the receptionist updates the existing record with the new information.
5a. If the patient has any special requests or requirements, the receptionist makes sure to inform the nurse on duty.
use case descriptions for “Walk-in Patient Registration” OR “Patient Hospital Admission” using key criteria that include the typical course of events and alternate course of action. has been given in steps 1 to 3 . Hospital Management System Essay Assignment Paper