Health Organization Evaluation Essay Example
Research a health care organization or network that spans several states within the United States (United Healthcare, Vanguard, Banner Health, etc.). Assess the readiness of the health care organization or network you chose in regard to meeting the health care needs of citizens in the next decade.
Prepare a 1,000-1,250 word paper that presents your assessment and proposes a strategic plan to ensure readiness. Include the following:
1. Describe the health care organization or network.
2. Describe the organization’s overall readiness based on your findings.
3. Prepare a strategic plan to address issues pertaining to network growth, nurse staffing, resource management, and patient satisfaction.
4. Identify any current or potential issues within the organizational culture and discuss how these issues may affect aspects of the strategic plan.
5. Propose a theory or model that could be used to support implementation of the strategic plan for this organization. Explain why this theory or model is best.
Noting APA 7 style is required, I would suggest you organize your final paper with an introductory paragraph and then level 1 headings as follows:
Â· Health Organization Description
Â· Organizational Readiness
Â· Strategic Plan (you might include level 2 headings under this section for network growth, nurse staffing, resource management, and patient satisfaction â€“ refer to your APA guidance for this as necessary)
Â· Culture and Impact
Â· Theory/Model Supporting Plan
You are required to cite a minimum of three sources to complete this assignment. Sources must be within 5 years, appropriate for the assignment, and relevant to nursing practice.