Example of Preventive Care Essay Discussion Paper
Answer The Questions Below:
1. What is the BEST example of preventive care?
A. washing your hands when you leave a public restroom
B. taking antibiotics that your doctor prescribed for an infection
C. sleeping only four hours a night
D. opting out of health insurance
2. To calculate a patient’s BMI, what information is required?
A. their weight and age
B. their height and weight
C. if they are a vegetarian
D. their height, weight, and ancestry
3. How does maintaining relationships with other health professionals help nurses provide better care?
A. It lets nurses give patients more information and resources.
B. It helps nurses advance their professional careers and network in the field.
C. It decreases emergency room wait times by reducing paperwork.
D. It reduces the need for patient education.
4. Why would a nurse check a healthy patient’s blood pressure at each appointment?
A. to test for pathogens in the bloodstream
B. to catch any potential problems or warning signs
C. to familiarize the patient with the nursing team
D. to verify information on the patient’s electronic medical record.
- 2.To calculate a patient’s BMI, the information required is B. their height and weight. BMI is calculated by dividing a person’s weight in kilograms by the square of their height in meters.
- 3. Maintaining relationships with other health professionals helps nurses provide better care because A. it lets nurses give patients more information and resources. Collaboration with other healthcare professionals can provide a broader perspective and access to additional resources for patients.
- 4. A nurse checks a healthy patient’s blood pressure at each appointment to B. catch any potential problems or warning signs. Monitoring blood pressure can help detect early warning signs of hypertension or other health issues, which can be addressed before they become more serious. Example of Preventive Care Essay Discussion Paper