Nurse identification of patient deterioration is critical. Several themes related to decision-making were identified, such as: identifying patient care needs, workload management, and reflecting on missed care opportunities to inform learning.
Factors that care workers, need to consider when choosing an activity for a client –
1. Identify patient care need
Importance of patient assessment
Holistic approach to patient assessment
Identifying potential risk
Establishing relationship with patient and family
2. Workload management
Prioritizes critical information.
Bundling care task
Developing a Care Plan
Before developing a care plan, it is important that staff communicate with other health practitioners to gather information outside the scope of their own roles e.g., behavior management, psychological issues, and special dietary requirements amongst others.
Tips for Gathering Information through Client Observation
- Observe client interactions with peers at meal times.
- Take note of verbal and non-verbal communication.
- Notice client’s mobility during the day e.g. able to sit down but needs assistance to stand up, unable to go to the toilet alone, able to drink from cup but not able to pour drink.
- Classify recreation assistance required e.g. supervision, escorting, extra support, wheelchair required.
- Consult other employees that come into contact with client e.g. domestic staff, gardeners, volunteers, Chaplains, and others . Developing Care Plan for Patient Essay Example
if you find this solution helpful please like this solution it will help me