Assessment Data Of Patient Information Essay Discussion Paper
Maternity Case 2: Brenda Patton
1. Document your initial assessment data of Ms. Patton, including uterine activity (frequency and duration), fetal heart rate (FHR) activity (baseline FHR, long-term variability, accelerations, and decelerations), vaginal discharge, and maternal vital signs.
2. Document the medication(s) that you administered.
3. Document Ms. Patton’s pain during labor (severity during contractions, location, quality, interventions taken, and response to interventions) and the measures that were taken to promote her desire for a natural birth.
4. Document your handoff report in the situation-background-assessment-recommendation (SBAR) format to communicate what further care Ms. Patton needs.
5. Document the informal patient education that you provided to Ms. Patton during this scenario regarding group B streptococcus and the patient’s response to this teaching session. Assessment Data Of Patient Information Essay Discussion Paper
Maternity Case 4: Brenda Patton (Complex)
Guided Reflection Questions
How did the simulated experience of Brenda Patton’s case make you feel?
Describe the actions you felt went well in this scenario.
Scenario Analysis Questions
EBP Based on the initial assessment of Brenda Patton, what findings did you find concerning?
PCC Brenda Patton stated that she would like to labor free of medication. What are some techniques that could be used to help her with her pain?
T&C What key elements would you include in the handoff report for this patient? Consider the situation-background-assessment-recommendation (SBAR) format.
S/QI Based on your experience with Brenda Patton’s case, reflect on possible nursing actions for enhanced safety and quality improvement.
Reflecting on Brenda Patton’s case, were there any actions you would do differently? Explain.
Describe how you would apply the knowledge and skills that you obtained in Brenda Patton’s case to an actual patient care situation.