Applying an Ethical Decision-Making Model Assignment
This assignment reinforces the importance of ethical decision-making in nursing. You will apply an ethical decision making model from this week’s readings to an ethical issue.
Review “An Integrated Ethical-Decision-Making Model for Nurses” (In the attached PDF file)
Apply the ethical decision-making model in the article to access to care or an ethical issue of your choice.
Follow the steps provided in the model, including the following: Applying an Ethical Decision-Making Model Assignment
- State the ethical issue and its relevance for nursing practice.
- Collect and analyze additional information:
- What populations does this serve?
- Who are the key stakeholders?
- What information is needed to overcome the problem?
- After looking at additional information, decide whether the initial problem was correctly stated.
- Develop alternatives and compare them:
- What alternative programs address the issues?
- Justify the decision:
- Explain why this is important, needed, or beneficial for vulnerable populations.
- Find strategies to implement the plan:
- What ethical arguments could you use to dissuade someone who disagrees with the program?
Format your assignment as a 900 word document.
Cite at least 3 evidence-based, peer-reviewed sources published within the last 5 years to support your position(s).
Include an APA-formatted reference list. Applying an Ethical Decision-Making Model Assignment